Last updated: December 21, 2017
- What Personal Information About Customers Does dearself Gather?
- What About Cookies?
- Does dearself Share the Information It Receives?
- How Secure Is Information About Me?
- Which Information Can I Access?
- What Choices Do I Have?
- Are Children Allowed to Use dearself?
- Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
- Examples of Information Collected
What Personal Information About Customers Does dearself Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your dearself experience. We use the information to handle the services, process payments, communicate with you about the services and promotional offers, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us, display content such as wish lists and customer reviews and recommend merchandise and services that might be of interest to you. We also use this information to improve our app and website, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future services for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Websites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses dearself or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of dearself on other Websites.
- Mobile: When you download or use apps created by dearself or our subsidiaries, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from dearself if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you want to stop receiving marketing e-mail from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions in any such marketing e-mail.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide features.
Does dearself Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of dearself customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, follow the instructions included in the email you received.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that dearself or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of dearself and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of dearself, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Which Information Can I Access?
dearself gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with dearself for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such dearself features as Your Account in the dearself app.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in the Which Information Can I Access? section. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you want to stop receiving marketing e-mail from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions in any such marketing e-mail (If you do not want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of dearself, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
- If you have any questions relating to dearself’s collection, use or disclosure of personal data, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Are Children Allowed to Use dearself?
dearself does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use dearself only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit dearself, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of Singapore. If you have any concern about privacy at dearself, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you sign up and purchase product and/or service. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; content of reviews and e-mails to us; and financial information, including National Registration Identity Card and driver's license numbers.
Most mobile devices provide users with the ability to disable location services. Most likely, these controls are located in the device's settings menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device's location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
Co-Branded & Joint Offerings
We may from time to time offer joint or co-branded products and services.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at dearself include up-to-date information regarding personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications and personalized advertising preferences, and address book); payment settings (including credit card information and promotional certificate and gift card balances); notification settings; recommendations ; shopping lists and gift registries; and Your Account.